Kira & Kira Spring Salad Recipe
FOR THE SALAD
1 small bag of mixed-leaf lettuce
100 g sugar snap peas
½ bunch of spring onions
½ continental cucumber
200 g yellow/orange mixed tomatoes
1 ball of Byron Bay Burrata
A small handful of micro-herbs
½ bunch dill
½ bunch mint
Salt & Pepper
½ cup quality olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
2 TBS dill, finely chopped
- Boil the kettle and place the sugar snap peas in a heat-safe bowl. Fill a separate bowl with iced water.
- Pour boiling water over the sugar snap peas, leave for 1-2 minutes, drain and transfer to the ice water for 1-2 mins. Drain again.
- Thinly slice the spring onions, cucumber, mixed tomatoes and lemon.
- In a big salad bowl, place 1-2 large handfuls of the mixed-leaf lettuce in the base and spread evenly. Place the sugar snap peas, cucumber slices and tomatoes over the top. Sprinkle over the sliced spring onions.
- Carefully place the burrata in the centre of the salad.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice and dill in a small bowl.
- To garnish, place small fronds of dill, mint leaves, lemon slices, micro herbs, and edible flowers on top.
- Crack ground pepper and salt over everything, drizzle with the salad dressing and serve with your favourite salad servers.