Beach Umbrella | Atlantic
Blue and white done right... A new stripe inspired by our favourite East Coast USA beaches, with windswept dunes, big moody skies and long hot days. Thick luscious fringing and solid timber poles complete the chic, nautical look. Ready to unpack the picnic hamper and lobster rolls!
Based on Sydney’s northern beaches, Basil Bangs is headed up by husband-and-wife duo Mike Durante and Krista Huebner. A love for vintage umbrellas and a pursuit of great design inspired the vision for creating a collection of ‘contemporary classics’, a range of beach umbrellas inspired by the 1960’s and 70’s but decisively modern in engineering and finishes.
- 1.8m diameter canopy
- Folds to 1m x 17cm x 17cm
- Height 2.1m
- Weight (unboxed): 3kg
- Pole diameter: 32mm
- Sublimated, 360° printed canvas +50 UPF
- Luscious white soft fringe
- Single piece, extendable poles
- Responsibly sourced, hardwood timber pole
- The Basil Hinge for easy-peasy set up
- 1.8m wide family size, generous canopy
- Folds up into its matching carry case
- Compact for easy storage & portability
- Matching carry case which transforms into a sand bag for windy conditions
- Corrosion resistant steel frame
- Stainless steel and marine grade fasteners
- Custom designed components across the entire umbrella
Using your umbrella at the beach:
- Make sure the lower pole is secured at least 35cm deep in the sand.
- To angle the canopy, hold on to the upper pole before unlocking the hinge. To unlock the hinge, turn the dial anti-clockwise as far as possible.
- Let the upper pole rotate to the desired position. It is recommended to not exceed an angle of 45 degrees. Always try to tilt the umbrella into the wind as this will minimise the chance of it lifting out of the sand.
- To lock the hinge, rotate the dial clockwise until the vertical grip is parallel to the lower pole. The Basil Hinge should feel easy to lock and unlock. If jammed, do not force the hinge to close as it may cause damage.
- Taking an umbrella to the beach is your responsibility. In gusty conditions we recommend lowering the umbrella to prevent any risk of it flying away.
Using your umbrella at home:
- We recommend securing your umbrella in a base. For freestanding umbrellas we recommend the 25kg Basil Base, and the 14kg Standard Base for table settings.
- In gusty conditions we recommend lowering the umbrella to prevent any risk of it flying away.
- Store your umbrella in a protective cover when not in use to extend its life and minimise wear and tear.